The Island in Pigeon Forge TN is a large entertainment complex located in the heart of Pigeon Forge featuring shops, restaurants such as Margaritaville and Timberwood Grill, attractions such as The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, a hotel, and more. Originally, it was being developed as Belle Island before those plans fell through and then the project switched directions to become The Island in Pigeon Forge. Below, we’ve listed everything we know about The Island in Pigeon Forge including the proposed restaurants, attractions, shops, and more. We’ll keep this guide updated as more info is revealed, so bookmark this page, share it on facebook, tweet it, pin it, and sign up for our email newsletter to get the latest details!
When Will The Island in Pigeon Forge Open?
The first phase of the Island in Pigeon Forge opened on June 21, 2013 and will be opening in “phases” meaning that more restaurants, shops, etc will be added throughout the next year or so. We know that the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, Timberwood Grill, Mellow Mushroom, etc are open for the grand opening and we have details on each below. As we get more confirmations and operating schedule, we’ll update this guide so that you can know what to expect when you visit Pigeon Forge.
What Does it Cost to Visit The Island in Pigeon Forge?
There is no cost to get “on” The Island but there will be individual tickets sold for the various attractions such as the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel. There will be free parking and a Pigeon Forge Trolley stop as well.
Restaurants at The Island in Pigeon Forge
The following restaurants and food vendors are planned to be at The Island Pigeon Forge. Restaurants may be added or even removed, so we’ll keep this guide updated as we get more confirmations regarding restaurants and food at the Pigeon Forge Island.
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville – Margaritaville is a popular chain of restaurants that has locations in Panama City Beach, Key West, Myrtle Beach, Las Vegas, etc. It is popular for their “Cheeseburger in Paradise”, Caribbean food, and of course…the margaritas. Margaritaville has officially been announced and is planned to open June 1, 2014, so check out our guide about it at Margaritaville Pigeon Forge for more info.
- Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen – Paula Deen will be opening a large, new restaurant at The Island late this summer featuring the delicious, southern cookin’ that she has become her trademark over the years. The excitement around this new restaurant has generated more buzz than any other new restaurant that has opened in Pigeon Forge! Click here to get more details about Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen in Pigeon Forge.
- Dick’s Last Resort – If you’ve ever been to a Dick’s Last Resort, you know what to expect from this unique place to eat…if not, you better have a broad sense of humor and like surprises! Dick’s Last Resort is being reported as “coming soon”, so we’ll post an opening date as soon as they announce it. Click here for more details.
- Mellow Mushroom – The Mellow Mushroom at The Island in Pigeon Forge is a smaller version of the popular chain restaurant. They’re calling it a “Quick Serve Mellow Mushroom” which has a menu with slightly fewer selections than their full restaurant, but still providing some of their most popular items.
- Dude’s Daiquiris – Attached to the Mellow Mushroom is Dude’s Daiquiris, which serves…well…daiquiris.
- Timberwood Grill – Timberwood Grill is a brand new restaurant that has a mountain lodge decor with a unique menu of items such as Wisconsin Cheddar & Stout Fondue, Crispy Pork Belly Tacos, Black Jack Wings dipped in Timberwood’s signature Bourbon Glaze, and more! We’ll be posting a review of Timberwood Grill as soon as they open so stay tuned for the full menu and our suggestions!
- Cinnabon – You are probably familiar with Cinnabon and the types of food they offer if you have visited any mall or airport. They are popular for their cinnamon rolls and frozen drinks, which will be a nice addition to Pigeon Forge!
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels – Auntie Anne’s Pretzels is another popular chain of quick service food and is famous for their pretzels. This is the first Auntie Anne’s Pretzels in Pigeon Forge and Sevier County. If you love pretzels, then be sure to swing by Auntie Anne’s for a great snack in the middle of the day at The Island Pigeon Forge!
- Poynor’s Pommes Frites – Poynor’s Pommes Frites offers specialty items including: Pommes Frites / Belgium Fries, Original Made-In-House Dipping Sauces, Authentic German Brats, Fresh Baked Brochen (German Hard Rolls)and Spaghetti Ice.
- Island Yogurt – Island Yogurt at The Island provides the popular “self-serve” yogurt experience that has become popular over the past couple of years where you pick your yogurt, toppings, etc. It’s a great place to “chill out” on those hot summer days and is already getting lots of repeat customers and rave reviews!
- The Fudgery – The Fudgery is the new fudge shop at The Island featuring all sorts of delicious treats.
Attractions at The Island in Pigeon Forge
- Great Smoky Mountain Wheel – The biggest feature of The Island in Pigeon Forge is definitely the Great Smoky Mountain wheel which is a 200 foot tall ferris wheel in Pigeon Forge, making it one of the tallest attractions east of the Mississippi! It features 42 climate-controlled gondolas enclosed in glass, which can seat up to 8 people providing panoramic views of the Great Smoky Mountains. While most buildings in Pigeon Forge are no taller than 80ft, the 200ft high Great Smoky Mountain Wheel provides some of the best views available from Pigeon Forge. The giant sky wheel in Pigeon Forge is also be covered in LED lights to provide a 24,000 sqft light show that is visible throughout town! They will also have VIP gondolas with 4 plush seats, a special glass floor (Whoa!), and the ride lasts twice as long. The Pigeon Forge ferris wheel has quickly become the most popular ride in town!
Here’s the view from the top!
- Water Show – They have a multi-million dollar water fountain show that takes place every 30 minutes that is similar to the fountains at Bellagio in Las Vegas coordinated with music. There are 70 nozzles shooting water 35-70ft high in the air and dancing around. There is planned to be 13 different water shows rotating daily each with their own music. At night the fountains are lit up for a spectacular nighttime water show! Check out the video below to see the fountains in action:
- Arcade City – Arcade City features all sorts of games, including ones where you can win tickets and exchange them for prizes. It is a great, air-conditioned place to take the kids to get a break from the heat and have some fun.
- The Flying Horse Carousel – This is said to be the same carousel that was in the former Flying Horse Grill, which became Mellow Mushroom near Bullfish Grill. It’s a custom, Itlalian-made carousel with 17 classic horses, 2 rocking horses, a rocking chariot and a spinning teacup. It’s a classic attraction that will stir memories of parents & grandparents while giving new ones to children!
- Euro Bungy Dome – The Euro Bungy Dome is a large dome that covers various bungees and trampolines for people to jump on. It should be a lot of fun for people of all ages…just don’t go to Dude’s Daiquiris before jumping up and down in the Euro Bungee Dome!
Shops at The Island in Pigeon Forge
There will be numerous retail shops on The Island Pigeon Forge. We have heard there will be a store named “Island Trading Post” and a jewelry store named “Miner’s Gems”. As we get confirmations of other stores, we will update this guide with the names and descriptions of each retail shop as there are planned to be many more.
- Tervis – The popular Tervis tumbler store is now open at The Island in Pigeon Forge offering their fantastic cups and mugs in a variety of styles and sizes. If you have never seen one, you should check them out as they are fantastic for hot OR cold drinks and great for picnics in the Smokies!
- The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel Gift Shop – One of the first confirmations we’ve received for a retail store is The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel Gift Shop which will provide a variety of souvenirs and goods to purchase on The Island in Pigeon Forge.
- The Island Trading Post – We have little information as to what will be offered at The Island Trading Post, but we will update this guide as we get more details on this new store.
- Smoky Mountain Sun Shades – If you are looking for some stylish yet affordable sunglasses then check out Smoky Mountain Sun Shades at The Island in Pigeon Forge for a great selection of sunglasses.
- Miner’s Gems – The Island in Pigeon Forge has a jewelry shop called Miner’s Gems, which offers fine jewelry and exotic gems.
Hotel at The Island in Pigeon Forge
Opening late summer 2014 will be the brand new Margaritaville Island Hotel! It will be a 4 star hotel featuring 132 rooms and a rooftop pool. The Margaritaville Hotel in Pigeon Forge, TN will be one of the few Margaritaville hotels in the world! Below is the announcement banner currently hanging on a building at The Island in Pigeon Forge.
Map of The Island in Pigeon Forge
You can see the latest map of The Island in Pigeon Forge by clicking the image to the right. It illustrates what The Island will look like upon completion with the giant ferris wheel, water show (similar to Bellagio’s water show in Las Vegas), restaurants, shops, hotel, and more.
The Island in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee is located at 250 Island Dr, Pigeon Forge, TN, 37868 which is located between James Manor and The Comedy Barn on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. Below is a Google Map showing the exact location of The Island at Pigeon Forge.
View Larger Map
More Info about The Island in Pigeon Forge Tennessee
The official website for The Island in Pigeon Forge can be found at http://islandinpigeonforge.com/ which has additional information such as available jobs at The Island. They also have a facebook page where they provide updates with the construction process, photos, and other info about the development of The Island in Pigeon Forge, TN.
Final Thoughts about the Pigeon Forge Island
The Island in Pigeon Forge will be the second largest entertainment complex in Pigeon Forge with Dollywood being the largest. The mixture of shops, attractions, restaurants, etc should make The Island an enjoyable part of any visit to Pigeon Forge. We’ll be posting more updates and reviews as more phases of the Pigeon Forge Island opens, so stay tuned and make sure you’re signed up for our free email newsletter to get the latest scoop!