What is Open and Closed in the Smokies during Coronavirus COVID-19
With many Smoky Mountain businesses opening back up, there have been a lot of questions as to what is open, closed, or will be opening soon…along with that has come a lot of misinformation that the entire Smoky Mountains are opening back up on May 1st, which is not true. Businesses are a) following guidelines provided by state and local officials and b) making individual decisions based on those guidelines as to when each will personally open and to what capacity.
To clear up any confusion, we have compiled the list below with the most “official” information we have obtained. If a business has a planned opening date, we have cited & linked to that source for details. Please note, however, even if a business has a planned open date below, that could change depending on state and local restrictions & guidelines. If you have a visit planned in the near future, we highly suggest you keep your plans as fluid as possible just in case your planned attraction, show, etc changes schedule.
We also highly recommend referring to official local and state government websites to receive the most accurate information & guidelines:
What is Open or Closed in Pigeon Forge
We have broken this into three separate categories: 1) things that are open, 2) things with a planned opening date, 3) things that are closed until further notice. Once a business announces a planned opening date, we will move it up until it gets in the “Businesses that are Open” category.
Things that are Open
- Titanic Museum: Click here for coupons and discounts
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies: Click here for coupons and discounts
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not
- Ripley’s Mirror Maze
- Ripley’s 5D Moving Theater
- Ripley’s Super Fun Zone
- Lumberjack Feud Show & Adventure Park: Click here for coupons and discounts
- Country Tonite: Get coupons and discounts
- Pirate’s Voyage: Click here for coupons and discounts
- Dollywood: Click here for coupons and discounts
- Dollywood’s Splash Country: Click here for coupons and discounts
- TopJump: Click here for coupons and discounts
- WonderWorks: Click here for coupons & discounts
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Many trails, roads, restrooms, and picnic areas open.Click here for their current updates on what is opened and closed.)
- Many restaurants are now open in the Smokies. Call or visit their specific websites/facebook pages for details on what is available
- Crave Golf Club
- Most retail stores are open. Call or visit their specific websites/facebook pages for details as each retailer is different.
- The Island in Pigeon Forge (Restaurants, shops, Wheel, and rides are open)
- Some stores at Tanger Outlets Sevierville (Five Oaks) have opened with modified hours. Contact the stores directly for current status during your visit.
- Parrot Mountain and Garden of Eden
- LazerPort Fun Center
- The Track (arcade and mini golf are open…Go karts, thrill rides, and other attractions will open at a later date)
- CLIMB Works
- Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster
- Pigeon Forge Snow
- Rocky Top Mountain Coaster
- Alcatraz East
- Ripley’s Old MacDonald’s Farm & Davy Crockett’s Mini-Golf
- The Coaster at Goats on the Roof
- Gatlinburg Space Needle
- The Escape Game
- Buttonwillow Civil War Theater
- Gatlinburg SkyLift Park and SkyBridge
- Ober Gatlinburg
- Christ in the Smokies Museum & Gardens
- FlyAway Indoor Skydiving
- Hollywood Wax Museum
- Beyond The Lens
- Smoky Mountain Ziplines
- Biblical Times Theater
- Great Smoky Mountain Murder Mystery Dinner Show
- Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Feud
- Comedy Barn
- Mysterious Mansion
- NASCAR Speedpark
- Grand Majestic Dinner Theater
Things That Have a Planned Opening Date
PLEASE NOTE: Please contact the business directly for their most current information and schedule, but this is what they have stated on their website, facebook page, or what they are telling customers over the phone. Listed in order of opening date:
- Dolly Parton’s Stampede (July 3rd according to their website)
Things That Are Closed Until Further Notice
- Ripley’s Haunted Adventure
- Guinness World Records Adventure
Here are some of the events that have been reported as postponed:
- Spring Rod Run – has been canceled
- The Groove Dance Nationals event scheduled from March 13 – March 15 at the LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge has been postponed. Please visit https://www.varsity.com/grv/ for more information.
- The Corvette Expo has been rescheduled for August 7-8, 2020.
- Chevelles in the Smokies has been rescheduled for August 7-8, 2020
- The Women of Joy: Rise Up 2020 Tour has been rescheduled for June 5-7
- Smoky Mountain Antique Toy & Pedal Car show has been rescheduled for August 19-21, 2020
Available Lodging during Coronavirus COVID-19
Many Smoky Mountain lodging accommodations remain open along with strengthened sanitization measures. Visit our list of cabin rental providers, our list of hotels, and our list of condo rentals to find many great choices of places to stay in the Smokies!
Cabin rentals are currently a very popular option due to their many great amenities such as game rooms, hot tubs, theater rooms, indoor pools, etc that offer so many great things to do without having to leave the cabin!
We are Here For You
While the Smoky Mountains have survived and thrived through fires, floods, and more over the years, we have continued to grow and strengthen after every adversity…not because of us, but because of you. You have continued to relax and make memories in the mountains and valleys of our peaceful part of this great country. We have loved providing a place for you and your family to visit & enjoy throughout multiple generations, and while we know this is a time like no other in recent history, we simply want to continue being a place that relieves your stress and fills your heart.