The Top 3 Pizza Places in Pigeon Forge
Going out for pizza is a classic family vacation activity! When you visit Pigeon Forge, TN, you will find a number of excellent pizzerias that rival anything you would find in New York City or Chicago. To help you make the most of your next getaway, we have put together a guide to the top three pizza places in Pigeon Forge.
1. Big Daddy’s Pizzeria
Big Daddy’s Pizzeria is a locally owned restaurant that makes some of the very best pies in the Smokies. All of the pizzas at Big Daddy’s are hand-pulled and baked in a 550-degree wood-fired brick oven to create a crispy thin crust with just the right amount of charring. Both the pizza dough and the sauce are homemade, and all of the toppings are as fresh as can be. In fact, Big Daddy’s doesn’t even have a freezer in their kitchen!
While you can’t go wrong with cheese or pepperoni, Big Daddy’s offers a number of unique pizzas that are definitely worth trying. A few of the most popular pies at the restaurant include:
- The Bee Sting: blend of mozzarella and provolone, Genoa salami, red pepper flakes, drizzle of honey
- Taco Pie: ground beef, refried beans, cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, cheese sauce
- Wing It: chicken marinated in wing sauce, ranch dressing, red onions, garlic, jalapenos
2. Mellow Mushroom
Mellow Mushroom is another one of our favorite pizza places in Pigeon Forge. What sets Mellow apart from other restaurants is its delicious Southern-style crust, which is thick without being deep dish. Made from spring water dough infused with molasses, the crust is brushed with garlic butter and parmesan cheese to make it simply irresistible.
There are two Mellow Mushroom locations in Pigeon Forge: the Mellow Mushroom on the Parkway and the Mellow Mushroom at The Island. The Parkway location is a traditional restaurant with waiters and waitresses, while the Mellow Mushroom Select at The Island has a more limited menu and allows guests to order at the counter for faster service.
Some of the tastiest specialty pizzas at Mellow Mushroom include:
- Kosmic Karma: mozzarella, feta, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, pesto swirl
- Funky Q. Chicken: mozzarella, cheddar, BBQ chicken, caramelized onions, applewood smoked bacon, BBQ sauce swirl
- Pacific Rim: mozzarella, ham, bacon, pineapple, jalapenos, caramelized onions
3. Smoky Mountain Brewery
In addition to its great selection of microbrewed beers, Smoky Mountain Brewery also offers fantastic pizza. Baked in a wood-fired oven, the pizzas at the Brewery feature a delicious thin crust and generous toppings. Guests can choose from 8” personal pizzas, 12” regular pizzas, or 16” large pizzas. Boasting regular live music, numerous TVs, and a fun atmosphere, Smoky Mountain Brewery is the perfect place for a night out.
A few of the most talked about pizzas at the Brewery include:
- Brewmaster: four-cheese blend, roasted chicken, spinach, garlic roasted tomatoes
- T-Rex: Italian Genoa salami, pepperoni, meatballs, sausage
- Baker’s Choice: pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions, green peppers
Have you visited any of these pizza places in Pigeon Forge? Which is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!